The “Save The Honey Bee” License Plate is now available for all Louisiana residents!
The cost is $25.00 (royalty fee) per year plus all applicable fees that would normally apply to any Louisiana plate. In addition, the first year there is a onetime handling fee of $8.00 and an administration fee of $3.50. Remember, when you purchase this plate it is a two year plate, so the cost will be $50.00. Please note that if you are replacing a four year plate you will only get credit for a portion of a two year plate.
The royalty fees will be used solely for financial aid for graduate students working on applied honey bee research projects at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Research Laboratory in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
*****To apply for the license plate financial aid, click here for more information.*****
To order your “Save the Honey Bee” license plate, follow the instructions below.
- Visit https://expresslane.dps.louisiana.gov/SpecialPlatesPublic/SpecialPlates1.aspx.
- Click continue, then type in your existing license plate number.
- At the top of this page you will see the different types of plates. Choose “Special Interests” and scroll down through the list to “Save the Honey Bee” click on it. The cost of the plate showing that it is good for two years will pop up.
- In the lower left side of this page press the link “Ordering Details”, you will go to a new page.
- In the lower left side of this page press the link “Order Form”, you will go to a new page.
- Print the form, fill it out, include your check or money order, a copy of your current registration and proof of insurance. Mail it in.
- If for some reason you cannot complete the process online, you will see a contact number on their website. Call them and they will walk you through the process.